10 Things You Can Do to Get Out of a Workout Rut
Not feeling it at the gym? It happens to all of us. Before you throw in the towel, try out these tips to get you back in the game.
1. Add New Songs to Your Playlist. Listening to the same songs over and over can really drag out your workout session. Try adding new songs to your playlist at least once a week to always keep you motivated.
2. Keep Going to the Gym Anyway. You may not feel like going to the gym but once you get there and start working out, your endorphins kick in and amp you up all over again.
3. Join Facebook Groups. Feeling connected to people who are trying to achieve the same goals as you is very powerful and supportive. Use it to your advantage and start connecting and learning from people just like you.
4. Try Something New. You can always try out a new class or join a new kind of excersise program to regain your focus and interest.
5. Do Cardio. Doing cardio can get your body moving again, even if it is for 5 only minutes. If you notice you’re not feeling it during your workout, skip over to the cardio area and revamp your focus. It really works too!
6. Get a Good Night’s Sleep. Getting adequate sleep is crucial to your workouts. If you missed out on a night of zzz’s, it is mostly likely that your workouts will suffer. Take care of your mind and body to replenish your energy and try again when you are all rested.
7. Try Out a New Machine. By trying out a new machine, you are switching things up. This keeps your workouts fresh and intriguing, which makes you want to come back to the gym more often.
8. Search the Internet for New Workouts. Jump on the internet before you go to bed and search Instagram, YouTube or the web for the latest workouts. You will be surprised how motivated you will feel when your alarm goes off the next morning.
9. Talk to Someone New at the Gym. When we build relationships, we are letting our guards down. Unplug and welcome your environment into your workouts. Before you know it, you will be pulling out your earbuds to say hello a familiar face. You just may learn something from them too!
10. Go Back to Your Roots. Why did you starting working out in the first place? Reconnect yourself to whatever got you started working out. You will be reminded very quickly of why you started your fitness journey.
Workout ruts are completely normal. Nobody is meant to do the same thing over and over again. All that matters is that you can learn how to push through them because we all know how hard it can be to start working out all over again after you have quit for a while.
So, Never Quit!