Easy & Perfect Pizza Dough (yeast free)
Everyone needs a cheat meal at least once a week. It actually helps keep you from completely falling off the wagon because you never feel deprived of those good American foods. So, why not choose pizza!
Let’s face it, pizza makes the world go round so treat yourself once and a while. You earned it!
Most of us usually call a pizza delivery place because it is convenient, but forget that ordering out is pretty expensive and also super greasy!
Making it at home is a great alternative because it’s way cheaper and healthier for you.
So, what prevents most people from making their own pizza?
Time and lack of ingredients.
Since this recipe doesn’t call for yeast, you can whip it up in no time. Just grab the essentials from your kitchen, mix and bake!
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder
1 cup of warm water
2 tbsp. olive oil
Pinch of corn meal (optional)
1/4 cup of pizza sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
**Toppings of your choice
1. Preheat Oven. Set your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix Dry Ingredients. Place flour, baking powder and salt in bowl (or directly into Kitchen Aid mixer bowl). Whisk until blended evenly.
3. Add Liquid Ingredients. Drizzle olive oil over dry ingredients. Slowly add warm water while mixing the dough until it feels moisturized and forms a ball (add 1 tsp. of water at a time if dough is too dry or sprinkle in a little bit of flour and mix until dough is no longer sticky or wet).
4. Knead Dough. Press dough throughout your fingers and knuckles to knead out any chucks or unmixed areas.
5. Flatten Dough. Sprinkle a light dusting of corn meal (or flour) onto a pizza stone (or pizza pan). Rollout dough on pizza stone/pan until it is flatten to about 1/2 cm thick. Poke a few holes throughout the dough to prevent heat bubbles from forming.
6. Decorate Pizza. Cover pizza with a thin layer of pizza sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Add toppings of your choice!
7. Bake Pizza. Place pizza in oven at 425 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pizza is lightly brown.